Over the last few years, rsts11 has had a fair bit of cryptocurrency coverage. This page will aggregate it for folks who want to focus on that segment.
I’ve been in the crypto sphere since 2013, starting off with a couple of Antminer U2 Bitcoin asics, the ones that look like flash drives. Since then I’ve delved into ZCash, Litecoin, Siacoin, Verium, Monero, Raven, Conflux, Ethereum Classic, and a few others, settling into Ethereum for the most part.
Today I run about 15 GPUs mining Ethereum, occasionally moving around with one rig to test configs or newish coins.
I’m also farming Chia, the new proof-of-space-and-time coin from Bittorrent inventor Bram Cohen.
Here are some posts that you may find useful in your crypto adventure.
General cryptocurrency posts
- Getting Started with Cryptocurrency Mining – Building Your First Rig (2018, still relevant)
- Sidebar: Setting up your cryptocurrency wallet (2018, could use an update)
- Colin Quinn and the Art of Mining Rig Maintenance
Chia-specific cryptocurrency posts
- So you think you want to farm chia?
- Chia hardware starting points
- Building the Intel NUC Chia Plotter
- Frequently Ungoogled Chia Questions
- Chia update and frequently answered questions
If my posts helped you out
If you prefer to send actual fiat currency, feel free to contribute via Paypal or contribute via Venmo or send me a coffee or two with Ko-Fi. They all use Paypal’s network so you can use credit card, debit card, or Paypal balance.
You can also just share my posts with your friends, colleagues, rideshare drivers, bachelorette party dancers, etc. I appreciate the help spreading my content around.