[See our Disclosures page for details on advertising and sponsorship considerations.]
The rsts11 blog is provided as a public service by Robert Novak. If you find it of benefit and want to help us out with acquiring new items to review, maintaining our blood-caffeine level, or just being nice, here are a couple of ways to do it.
Note that unless otherwise specified for an option, money we gain from supporters may be used toward efforts here on rsts11, over on rsts11travel, or just to further caffeinate us. If you wish to make a specifically targeted contribution (i.e. to have us buy something specific to review or demonstrate), contact us directly before sending any money to make sure that is practical.
(i.e. throw money at us):
- Support us on Patreon – a monthly scheduled contribution (alas, not tax-deductible in most cases) which gives you early access to some content, the chance to enter quarterly drawings for giveaways, and the warm fuzzy feeling of getting some of that inconvenient money out of your pocket.
- Wire us on Minds.com – if you’re hesitant to use Patreon (we understand), you can sign up for Minds, which is like an aggregate of Twitter, Facebook, and Patreon. Send points to help us boost posts, or send money for a lot of the reasons mentioned on the Patreon page.
- Contribute via Paypal or contribute via Venmo – these are probably more conventional ways to throw money at us. Did we save you an hour’s work? Send us a coffee if you like. Did we save you a million dollars? Feel free to send a small fraction of that amount.
(i.e. buy something or sign up for something and we get a commission):
- Sign up for Clear – you get two months free, and so do we. Then go add your Delta status for a discounted renewal rate.
- Apply for FoundersCard membership – get a $395 rate (normally $595) and we get a referral credit toward renewal or gift cards. See our upcoming blog post to see why this is a pretty good price, although they do sometimes have slightly better offers.
- Join ebates – we’ve been surprised with how many sites offered a (delayed) cashback through this site. Very useful for holiday shopping.
- Try Plastiq – use with caution, as the fees for this service are noticeable… but if you need to meet minimum spend for a credit card promo, or if the dog ate your checkbook, you can use a credit or debit card to pay any bill that accepts checks by mail.
- Sign up for Uber (DHOJV) or Lyft (RSTS11). you get a bit of credit, we get a bit of credit, and everyone’s happy. Note that if you’re in Las Vegas, the card handouts are often a better deal, but make sure it’s a Lyft card you’re getting, not the adult entertainment cards.
We also thank you for sharing our posts with friends, colleagues, neighbors, random people on social media, and so forth. We hope to help as many people as possible, and your help helps that happen.