I’m going to try to push myself toward blogging more by adding an every-two-weeks (or every week) list of interesting links I came up with over the past so long.
I don’t have ads on my site, partly because nobody’s begged me to take their money, and partly because I think the clean look is more enjoyable and requires less maintenance and tracking.
But if you’d like to help my geek gadget (and caffeine) habit, feel free to shop through my Amazon.com affiliate link or use the links on the lower right side of this page. I also occasionally put things in my Amazon aStore, and link to them here. Buying those things (or anything through those links) also gets me a few bucks that can go toward a pound of loose-leaf tea or a new hybrid hard drive. Thanks in advance for those of you who choose to do this.
So here are my interesting links for the week ending 2013-02-03.
- This week’s new post from me, about the less buzzwordy Big Data
- The most popular entry on my site: last year’s Building my Compact VMware Server at Home
Other things I’ve found of interest:
- Stephen Foskett discovers Shavers Only outlets in Australia.
- So when life gives you lemons, more than you can use in a week, here’s what to do. Preserve lemon zest.
- Make some unicorn poop while you’re at it. Could use more glitter though.
- A blog mention I got in December, and a great book/podcast to check out. Jill Geisler on Work Happy: What Great Bosses Know (I’m 8 chapters in.)
- One of the scariest things about Fresca to me: Glycerol Ester of Wood Rosin
- Alas, they sold out after 7 1/2 months of ticket availability (act faster for next year), but here’s where I will be in just under two weeks. The 24 Hours of Gallifrey One.
- Not sold out yet, but here’s where I’ll be at the end of June. Cisco Live US Customer Appreciation Event (via @networkingnerd)
- And in honor of today’s ballgame of some sort, the only football team I’d root for, dancing the way I do. Chicago Bears – Super Bowl Shuffle.
What did you find this week, that you think I should be reading?